The Polk Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) adopted the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) 2016/2017 - 2017/2018 at their April 14, 2016 Board meeting.
The UPWP is the basis for allocating federal, state and local funds for transportation planning purposes in Polk County. It also documents all planning tasks and related activities for the period of July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2018 developed by the Polk TPO and other transportation planning agencies.
The UPWP is developed by TPO staff in cooperation with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), members of the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), and members of the Transportation Adviser Network. The document is divided into the following sections:
- Planning Priorities for the Metropolitan Area
- Organization and Management
- Planning tasks
- Budget tables
- Multi‐Year Business Plan
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5303 grant application
- FAST Act Planning factors
- Metropolitan Planning Studies
- Certification of the TPO Planning Process