Vacancies on the Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board
June 17, 2011
The Polk Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) is currently seeking Polk County residents to fill the following vacancies on the Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board (TD LCB):
- Economically Disadvantaged – A person who is recognized by the Florida Association for Community Action (President), representing the economically disadvantaged in Polk County
- Elderly Population – A person over sixty (60) years of age representing the elderly in Polk County
- Disabled Population – A person with a disability representing the disabled in Polk County
- Citizen Advocate – A citizen advocate who uses the transportation service(s) of the system as their primary means of transportation in Polk County
- Local Medical Community – A representative of the local medical community which may include kidney dialysis centers, long-term care facilities, assisted living facilities, hospitals, local health department, home/community based services, etc.
The purpose of the TD LCB is to identify local transportation needs and to provide information, advice, and direction to the Polk County Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) on the coordination of services to be provided to the transportation disadvantaged population in the county.
The TD LCB meets quarterly, usually on Monday afternoons, at the Polk County Administration Building located in Bartow. Transportation will be provided to and from the meetings for those needing assistance. If you are interested in transportation issues and one of the above vacant positions, please contact Diane Slaybaugh at the Polk TPO (863) 534-6495.
For more information contact: