The purpose of the Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board, often referred to as the TD-LCB, is to help identify local service needs and to provide information, advice, and direction to the Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) on the coordination of services to be provided to the transportation disadvantaged.
Transportation disadvantaged persons are considered those who, because of physical or mental disability, income status, or age, are unable to transport themselves or to purchase transportation and are therefore dependent upon others to obtain access to health care, employment, education, shopping, social activities, or other life sustaining activities, or to children who are handicapped, high risk, or at risk.
A variety of local agencies and interest groups related to transportation disadvantaged persons are voting members on the 19-person board.
The authority and duties of the Polk County Transportation Disadvantaged Coordinating Board are set forth in Chapter 427 of the Florida Statutes and Rule 41-2 of Florida Administrative Code.
Mayor Pro Tem Nat Birdsong, Representative for Polk TPO Appointee
Marcia Staszko, Representative for Elderly Population
Mayor Pro Team Nat Birdsong, Representative for Polk TPO Appointee
- Charlene Ross, Representative for Florida Department of Transportation
- Shirley Johnson, Representative for Florida Department of Children and Families
- Kevin Gilds, Representative for Florida Department of Elderly Affairs
- Katie Kummer, Representative for Florida Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Joseph Lesniewicz IV, Representative for Polk County Veteran's Services
- Marcia Staszko, Representative for Elderly Population
- Linda West, Representative for Citizen Advocate #1
- Sheryl Brown, Representative for Citizen Advocate #2 (User of the System)
- Tiara Dasher, Representative for Children at Risk
- Commissioner James H. "JP" Powell (Polk Transit Authority), Representative for Mass Transit
- Lisa Peterson, Representative for Disabled Population
- Vacant, Representative for Local Private Transportation Operators
- Emily Hughart, Representative for Florida Agency for Health Care Administration
- Carla Bettis, Representative for Agency With Persons for Disabilities
- Stacy Campbell-Domineck, Representative for Regional Workforce Development Board
- Joy Johnson, Representative for Local Medical Community (Polk Indigent Health Care Director)
- Vacant, Representative for Public Education / School Board
- Vacant, Representative for Economically Disadvantaged